- Do what you have to do for you – no one else.
- You’re not the only twenty-something trying to find your way.
- Never doubt your priorities and goals because those around you have different ones set. Set your own.
- You have to let it go, and let go.
- Stretch yourself.
- Be confident in your present.
- Be present and soak it all in.
- Ask for help when you need it. Trying to do everything ourselves isn’t a good idea.
- Always have a Plan B.
- Keep things to yourself. Like, seriously.
- You’ll find money for the things that matter to you, and that’s fine.
- Set a bedtime for yourself and wake up early. There’s nothing like getting an early start on your day.
- You always have a choice.
- They say exercise is the magic pill – it’s true. We’re only getting older!
- If you can comfortably hang with the older folk, you’re cool. With age comes wisdom. Listen, watch and learn.
- It’s never too late to start over. No fears, no regrets.
- Work with what you have.
- Learn your family history and cultural background. You can’t know your future without knowing your past.
- Money comes and goes, just be smart with it.
- Eat. Pray. Love.
- Update your wardrobe and switch up your style. It’ll feel so refreshing.
- God works in mysterious ways but you have to let Him.
- Get it out of your head and onto paper. Your goals, your visions, your tasks – everything.
- Learn from others’ mistakes.
Lately I’ve been challenging myself to channel my femininity more. While it may start with a pair of suede heels and a slinky top, true femininity bears so much more. It requires vulnerability. Even worse, it requires gentleness…and in most cases, it means assuming the weaker position.
“Say what now?” – alpha women everywhere.
More to come on this, but I will say that stretching yourself and allowing discomfort only makes you stronger.
Top: ASOS | Skirt: H&M | Heels: MissGuided