I love the snow. I think it’s one of the most beautiful forms of nature. Maybe it’s because I’m a winter baby, but I’d choose a snowy winter day over a scorching, hot, icky, sweaty summer day, any day (sorry for so many “days”). This week, the Northeast was hit by snow storm Juno, and while NYC didn’t get the worst of it, the city still shut down and everyone was instructed to stay indoors.
Besides us not having to commute to work or leave the house to run errands, I think there’s something about a snow day that actually makes being stuck inside enjoyable, no?
Well, here’s how a winter baby made the best out of a snow day:
- Took time to indulge in a full breakfast – Eggs, avocado, tomato, and homemade whole wheat bread
- Found the perfect Spotify station – “Snow Day”
- Remained productive no matter what – Competed work assignments remotely
- Made a glass of wine a priority – Some random wine I found in the kitchen
- Curled up with a movie – “Dear White People”
Photo credit: Aly Inay
Any of these included in your snow day?